Tuesday, July 14, 2009

With Thambi in Newport, Jersey City


First thing you will notice about Satz aka Sam aka Sathya is his energy. Always on the move, I think he sleeps like 5 hours a day. Thats it! So, when I landed in Newport, Jersey City, I knew that my thambi (little brother) would be around to make my next three days happy. And to add to it, Satish, Ashraf and Arun. And a beautiful skyline view of Manhattan across the Hudson river from their 10th floor apartment. Hmmm...I was set for a date!
Most of the time went went in me going around Manhattan, the place I love most in America. Man made jungle of steel, glass and concrete. I was there in daylight; I was there in moonlight. I was there on Wall Street. And this is my fourth visit to Manhattan but I never never get tired of the place. :)

The Hudson river walk overlooking Manhattan saw my footprints almost everyday. Blessed are the couples who walk in that romantic path! I walked Sathya to office most nights and walking back along the river walk with Manhattan blinking across is a blissful sight. Nights at home went with a lot of chatter with Ashraf and Satish. Forgot to click a pic with them though!

No comments: