Sunday, August 09, 2009

MIT Moments - 1

Today's conf call with my college friends triggered something else in me. I was laughing aloud when I was narrating it to Ramya. Here it is:

It was the first year, I think. We were in NSS camp somewhere near Chengalpattu (behind those small hills that neatly line up along GST). Murali, Pyma, Dhana and me used to stick around those days. Mornings will pass with doing some activities in the village and the evenings will go with some fun games and stuff. We were like 80 people and divided into groups. Each group took turns in staying back at the camp and helping with cooking and serving food.

Now, there was a girl that I used to 'sight' those days. She was in Pyma's group (I think). So, when it was their turn to serve food, it was all arranged that Pyma will make her take the exact food that Murali or I wanted or atleast note what she has. So, she was all the time at our end serving something or the other. She suddenly got wind of it and went the other side. As you know, in a South Indian meal, you eat curd/buttermilk rice after rasam rice. So, we were like in the curd rice and she was having the rasam bucket with her. Thats when I became extra bold and called 'Rasam, please'. She came with a frown on and asked 'heyy...think you are already having curd rice'. I still don't know how I did that. But I simply pointed to Murali and said 'he likes rasam in his curd rice, you know. So, if you can...'. She just poured the rasam hastily and left in a huff.

:)

1 comment:

VidyaSagar said...

Enna oru villathanam :)