Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspiration!

Met an amazing and interesting person in the gym in the hotel here in Richardson. Helped her a week before for  carrying her water bottle pack. She thanked me and we had a small talk going on in no time with her running on the treadmill and me cycling (carefully not showing the strain on my face..he he). I was telling her that I had been hitting the gym for 2 months now and still could not run on the treadmill. She took a look at me and asked me to guess her weight. Hmm...I stammered and stuttered and said am poor in Math! (why hurt a lady!). She said that she was 140 pounds and told me that she could run a mile now. And then she suddenly went digging into her phone and out popped a photo. She said that it was her six years ago. And my...it was someone who was thrice her size! She said her weight then was 260 pounds! To cut a short story shorter, she gave me tips on how to change small things in the way I eat; taught me to use the weight machine for developing muscles (as they burn fat even two hours after you exercise) and most important of all, told me that I would need to be patient in reducing weight. It takes time to lose. Just keep going is all she said. I was just stumped by her.Truly an inspiration! And in all this melee, forgot to ask her name!

1 comment:

Sagar said...

I'm guessing figure soooper quality... coz pera kekkama ivlo neram mokkai potrukeengale !!! :P