Monday, August 10, 2009

Freaky Tiki Friday

Last Friday, on an invite, went down to downtown for Freak Tiki Friday. Local bands play to a crowd in front of the bars. The bars alternately sponsor this event to attract crowds and hence its free to the people. I call this the 'Follow the Money' business model. Nothing is free in this world. You just got to follow the money.

Anyways, Mike and Mel had invited me over and I got introduced to a couple of their friends. Mel was my boss' sis. After a couple of beers, I found that there was no college crowd around. One of the persons at my table was a former bartender and she gave an interesting insight. College kids hit the bars around their campus only. There, everything comes cheaper than anywhere outside. Hmm..

The band was good and I personally met the lady singing. Mike had actually been a former drummer and had helped compose some of the songs the band was playing. After that, we hit another late night bar; another band. It was like 12 midnight when I left.

No comments: